<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Lamp gets a quick makeover.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lamp gets a quick makeover.

This is a quick and easy remake. YOU can do this at home. No fear.

The weather was great today. 33 degrees! So, I tried spray painting in the garage. It worked! Mainly because it took me about 90 seconds to paint this lamp. Not long enough for the spray can to even stop spraying.

I took this lamp that I think was an ugly gross eggplant color before and painted it white. It sat for awhile....without a shade....then I picked up this ho-hum shade at Target and it sat like this for awhile. It makes for a nice prop.


Then, I happened to pick up a fantastic new Rustoleum spray paint color I saw at Home Depot. LAGOON. Which of course makes you immediately think of Brooke Shields, am I right?! It's new to my HD, may not be new to yours, I have no idea, BUT, I saw it and immediately knew I needed to paint something with it. I have no furniture to paint right now, so, this was it.

And, painted.

That's right. And I love it. L-O-V-E love. I took my basic shade and grabbed some red velvet trim from my stash. Hot glued it on to the shade and done.

I am in love. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

I cannot wait to paint a piece of furniture this color. Can't wait.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Cutie, cute, cute!

February 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger René said...

Oh how FUN! I seriously love it!

-Rene

February 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger KLM said...

Loving the blue and the little bit of red just makes it that much more fun! :)

February 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Annie Wilcox Designs said...

I still love your green but I am digging the lagoon too now.

February 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

That is awesome. I have a table in my living room I painted that colour. I meant to paint white over and distress it to let it shine through but loved the colour so much I just left it like that! Great job.

February 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Lagoon - what a great name and a great color! It was the perfect way to give that lamp some personality!

Visiting from Russet Street Reno. :)

February 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

DYING over that lamp! I can't wait til you get that color on some furniture, either!

February 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home