<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Closet Transformations

Monday, January 31, 2011

Closet Transformations

This may be the most boring post EVER. BO-OOH-RING. But, I've had a few requests, so here's the new closets.

Imagine if you will a hallway with a closet with a door. (You have to imagine, because I don't have a photo.)

And now, imagine if you will, white trim around this closet. It will look so much better, I know it will. But, like Verizon, I give in to what people want, even though I'm not ready....(Did anyone get that? Bueller....? Bueller....?)


It certainly makes things feel more open. I do love it. The boys haven't gotten into it, in fact, they don't even care about the stuff in it.

Here's what I did to the bedroom closets:

(Imagine sliding, hollow-core, fake-oak closet doors as the before....)

And now:
(Gus' room)

LOVE.

(Jack's room, but the closet is shared with Porter.)

The boys love it because they can get dressed at the same time. And that in turn leads to less fighting! And that makes for happy parents.

Why aren't those stripes matching up? Why aren't those curtains ironed? Why isn't that trim painted yet? Get on it woman.

Oh, the curtains all came from Target. I used the cheapest shower curtain rod I could find and just put it behind that little lip that comes down from the trim.

Easiest. Transformation. Ever. Of course, after I figured out how to get the closet doors off the track. That was a pain.

No doubt.

6 Comments:

Blogger KLM said...

Love the curtains!... I have been thinking about doing this when our master bedroom is finished, taking the bi-fold doors off our closets and hanging some sort of curtains.

Looks great! :)

January 31, 2011 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Mama Thompson said...

I love it. I have removed the closet doors on a few closets in my house as well. All our doors open out and kill huge space in tiny bedrooms....curtains are way better! Love the boys curtains...very cute!

January 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Natosha said...

My son's closet has curtains too! I also plan to take our doors off our closet in our master bedroom makeover too. I like them hanging from inside though, very cleaver!

January 31, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Rosebriars said...

I took the doors off my girl's closet years ago but have only done the shower rod/curtain combo in my mind so far. Enjoy the world of more space and no pinched fingers! And isn't it awesome how the kid level rod let them dress themselves? I found since I hung all their shirts there are fewer shirts on the floor, yet they're still changing clothes 6 times a day!

January 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I like many other posters have taken the doors down but have yet to hang curtains up. LOL. I love your curtain choice. :)

February 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Kolein said...

Not boring at all! Riveting, actually! I LOVE removing ALL closet doors now and forever! I did it in our home too. (which is small) and the place feels like a palace. (no, I'm not exaggerating.) Everything is open, we just reach in, grab what we need...simple living!

Your closets look great! And once that trim is painted you will be doing a little dance of joy--- well, that's what happened to me. Don't you just love how I do my own blog post in your comment section? I've got to stop that...

I'm on vacation btw, and was curious about your closets!!! Can you believe that???? *crazy blogger person here*

xo
~K

February 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home