<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: A little blue mixed with a little gray

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A little blue mixed with a little gray

Here's that little wash stand/dresser that I got the other day.


I had to pry the handles off.  They were nailed in/screwed in from the front, and they just couldn't be saved.

I sanded it and thought for a day about what I wanted to do with it. I put the new handles on.
Then it sat for the morning with the handles on it, and I just wasn't feelin' it.

So, I took out some paints. I mixed a little Behr sample dark gray with a little sample Martha Stewart Sharky Gray and some sample MS Aegean Blue. And THIS is the color I got.

It's gorgeous. Such a great color I made in my very own laundry room!


Now. I know what you are saying to yourselves. It's okay. Say it out loud. Those pulls...they are a little...wonky. In my defense, the top drawer is curved so the pulls look crooked, but I don't think they are. And that middle drawer, well. Umm...it's a zillion years old. There were three different sets of holes and seventy-five different patches. I just went with what I had. Things are a little wonky.

And I'm okay with it. Because I'm lovin' it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love this little guy!! He would be perfect in my master bath!!! You did a great job cleaning him up and painting!

January 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Kolein said...

Love it! The color is fab. And I follow you strictly because of the wonky!

January 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I don't see any wonky at all! I just knew it would turn out great!

Carol

January 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home