<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Ornament Wreath

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ornament Wreath

Okay. I finally finished this stinkin' thing.



I started three weeks ago when we got all our Christmas stuff out.

It's not the wreath on the hanger that was all the craze last year....this is different. New. Better. (If I do say so myself!)

I haven't done many crafts this season, I've been trying to just "BE" instead. Are you buying that? I just couldn't find anything that I was dying to do....Well, there is one thing that I'd like to do, but it involves finding a very large ladder and some birch branches, and attaching lights to those branches, so it's on hold for the moment.....

Here's one that I did, and if I hadn't been putting it off, it would have been finished in one evening of sitting in front of the boob tube.

I took a dollar store wreath form, that I bought for, well, a dollar. And a four packages of mini ornaments from Target. They were 5 bucks a container. I used three and a half containers.

So, this wreath cost about 20 dollars. If I'm being technical. A little pricey, but totally worth it, again, if I do say so myself...


My glue gun and I were friends through this. No burns. I just started putting them on and went all around filling in where needed.


When I was ready to put the ribbon on I took two push pins and attached it to the wreath. I also glued the ribbon to the wreath, just to be sure it would hold.


 I love it. Ignore the half painted window, divert your eyes. Just stare at the wreath, and those absolutely beautiful and ingenious mason jar lights.


I love it. I may leave it up. All year. Just like the moss one from last year, that stayed up until, June, or yesterday, whatever.


So fun. So festive. Just perfect to "BE".

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

It is just perfect, surrounded by the unfinished paint, I really wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I know it took a lot of time, my daughter worked on ours for while.

December 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I love it, I may actually try this one

December 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home