<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Broadway Paper

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Broadway Paper

Fantastically Amazing.

A few months ago I was contacted by the owner of Broadway Paper in The Third Ward of Milwaukee. Broadway Paper is an amazing paper store. They have absolutely everything you would need, from wedding invites to journals. The Third Ward is a fancy schmancy little area with fun stores like Anthro.

So the owner was opening a Pop-Up Store in Downtown Milwaukee for the holiday season and was wondering if we could work out a deal....she uses my furniture as display pieces and I get to sell them DOWNTOWN!

I said hells to the yessss....immediately. Well, I didn't swear, well, maybe I did, I don't remember...

But, Tom and I took some stuff down there a few weeks ago. The store wasn't quite ready, but we set it in there.

Here's what it looks like. Holy crap. My stuff is in a store.


I took the next photo from the sidewalk.


Ohhh---emmmmm---gggeeeeee...That's MY stuff in a store window. I can't breathe.

One of the greatest things about this location is the ceiling. I know, right...weird thing to be excited about, but look at it:

The crown moulding is individual little pieces placed together and it is just dreamy. The glass all around, made me so excited.

People on the street were pointing at the chairs and saying, "Oh, I love those chairs!" It was so fun.

Last Friday we went down there and everything was set up and it looked absolutely perfect. I failed to bring my camera, but will do it soon.

Who knows if anything will sell, but to have the exposure is just great. I'm so pleased with the experience and Kate, the owner couldn't have been better. She is so sweet.

Hope you are all having a fantastic Thursday. We are freezing here. Freezing, I tell ya.

Just in case you don't know, because I didn't really know until I was in NYC:
A Pop-Up Store is a store only open for a short time, they do it a lot in the bigger cities, like NYC to draw people to other areas of town and to bring stuff to areas that would otherwise not have that particular item. For example, Kate Spade does it all over NYC.

xoxo

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Your chairs look great in the window. Love all the different colors. That will really attract some great customers for you and her. I know you will sell stuff. Make sure you have business cards to leave in the store for people who love your stuff!

December 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Allison@FabRehab said...

That's Amazing!! Congrats...and a ditto on the biz cards!

December 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

Oh heck yeah you're amazing! Congrats! How fun is this? Your stuff is so darn cute, I bet it flies out the door :)

Congrats!!!

December 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

How exciting! Definitely get your butt back down there and snap some pics, woman!! :)

Although I've been following this blog for awhile, I ran across your furniture site one day while surfing Craigslist. It was such a cool surprise! Not to mention, I used to be a reporter and news editor at one of your local papers. One of my good friends has a real estate office on Wisconsin Avenue, too (right downtown). Small world!

December 2, 2010 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!!!

December 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Dang, that is so awesome! I will have to swing by there this weekend, I haven't been to the Third Ward since the summer. Those chairs are incredible, by the way!

December 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! I love your chairs too! And the cieling is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see the store all done. Thanks for sharing about your special experience.

December 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah at 508 said...

SO GREAT for you! Congrats! Your stuff is looking fabulous in the store front already!

December 3, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home