<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Mom Ramblings #20

Friday, November 19, 2010

Mom Ramblings #20

1. I received the most amazing present in the mail from my BFF. You know, the one that says she can't sew but really can....

She MADE this apron for me. Made it, with her own two hands, a sewing machine, and love.



Isn't it the cutest thing ever?! It's pink! There is nothing else pink in my entire house and I am going to wear this thing every. single. day.  I just love it. I'm never taking it off. Ever. Love that gal. She's pg with her fourth and she took time to make ME an apron. Now, that's friendship!

Because I'm sure you are dying to know: Yes, that is a toddler bed in our front room. Yes, I am standing on a chair to take this picture. And yes, I am squeezing my arms in and holding my breath to one, make my chest look bigger and two, make my waist look smaller. Hat: Target, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: Citizen of Humanity.

2. I have received tons of fabulous comments lately and I just love all the love! Thank you! There are two I received, that I just had to share. I hope they don't mind, I'll keep them anonymous, but they just really made my day. Plus, they were no-reply, so this is the only way to Thank them!

This one, I received yesterday, regarding this post I wrote exactly one year ago today, made me feel so good about keeping up with blogging:

I know this is a super old post & I've never commented on anyones posts before...I've started reading your blog...4th straight day now...not all day, just when I find a few minutes here and there :) And I have to say I love you..not in a weird way or creepy way but a refreshing way!! You're a great Mom w/ THREE boys under 5...how you do that I will never know!!! Please don't let one person ever rain on your parade...you are so much better than that!! Better than letting one person who is unhappy w/ their life so they judge others make you feel bad. Sad really. Anyway, I love borrowing ideas from you.
Thanks!!!!! 


And this one, from a male reader on the post about the Farm Table. It just made me crack up it was so nice, in the male-giving-a-compliment-kind of way (you know what I mean!?):


Two things:
First, I need to know where you live because I'm just going to come and steal your table. I've been hearing from my wife about doing just this project for a while, and I've been daunted, to say the least.
Second, I looked over that "To-do" list over there ------> and I have to say...are you kidding me? That nearly put me in the fetal position here in my office.
Excellent work...it looks terrific.



I know sometimes we don't think comments matter, but they do. I like reading them.

3. The boys got in the Christmas spirit yesterday. (Who am I kidding, we've been listening to Christmas music for a week now)





4.  Tomorrow, after years of being a "blond" eh-hem.....I will be going back to my natural color. It's time. Less maintenance, easier to grow out, less annoyance for my beautiful neighbor, who I constantly call to just do quick touch-ups. I'll let you see, maybe....

But, here's me blond, (I know the three to five male readers totally care about this.) and my totally hot hubby. Yummy. Plus, I'm one of those people that like to put a face to a name to a blog...I like to see who's writing. 


That issue is to be continued....

5. I poured myself a glass of wine last night and didn't drink it. Boo....

6. I'm trying to convince hubby to get another Ikea chair instead of a recliner. It's. Not. Going. Well.

7. I need help with my front room. It's lost. We're lost in it. Please help. Send a rescue squad. Or a designer...preferably Sarah Richardson....

8. I'd now like a farm to go with my farm table. Maybe some chickens. And a barn. I've already got the boots.

9. I have baby fever. Still. Again. Still.

10. I think toilet paper commercials are the most ridiculous things ever. I hate them.

11. I love the Target Christmas commercials. That woman cracks me up. Plus the e-trade commercials with the baby. Funny.

12. Which reminds me, I have TWO Emmy Award winning family members, which makes me a winner by proxy.

13. Hubs and I are taking a little vacation in a couple of weeks. We're going a whole two hours away, for two days and two nights. I can't wait. I hope it isn't windy where we're going....

14. If either dog throws up on the new rug, I may ship her off to my in-laws.

15. Martha Stewart intimidates me.

16. Dave Ramsey makes ME want to curl up in the fetal position.


That is all. Carry on. Happy Friday!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger The Queen Bee said...

Love your Mom Rambling posts. I kinda stole your idea and do a "mommy mumblings" post every now and then on my own blog! They are not as funny as yours but they make me feel better.

I also love the Target lady. Funny my hubby was talking about her last night and how much he was annoyed by her and I am the opposite, I totally get her.

Thanks for your great blog!

November 19, 2010 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Mallory said...

I love these posts. Especially when you include pictures, and then explain what you're doing to look skinnier in said pictures. Cracks me up.

Also, Sarah Richardson is by far my favorite designer ever. I wish she was bigger in the US. Otherwise, I'm going to have to convince the Air Force to station my hubs in Canada.

November 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Love your fun rambling posts. Your farm table did turn out fabulous and I like seeing the photo of your son sitting at the table and using it. Enjoy your mini vacation. And....paint your trim so I will be motivated to paint mine! :) And you can tell me how to do it.

November 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Damon Steele said...

You are welcome...though I don't really know how to fix whatever I didn't do the first time. :-)

Des

November 19, 2010 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Rosebriars said...

I love reading your mom ramblings, you're so real and funny! I also ADORE Sarah Richardson...her stuff is so beautiful, and after watching her show I always get my Canadian accent back for an hour or so (i've lived in the States for 16 years).

And although Dave Ramsey is amazing, it is pretty intense. You just have to do what you can...baby steps. I keep wanting to try the cash diet and keep not doing it!

November 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I can't wait to see your new hair. I thought you were a natural blond!

I like putting a face to a name to a blog too. This coming from a starfish I know. I'm working on it. I just need a half decent shot.

Love your new header.

November 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger :-) said...

Hahahahaha E-trade commercials. "Apparently riding the dog like a small horse is FROWNED UPON in this establishment!" Have you seen that one? If not, it's the best yet!

November 22, 2010 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger MandeeFoFandee said...

well first of all, you are GORGEOUS! it is really nice to put a face to the blog!

secondly, I also have baby fever, so you're not alone! your mom ramblings are my absolute favorite!

November 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

yes, I think every mommy out there needs to steal the rambling part so we can look back and remember the little details. Love the comment from the guy.
I'm with you with the whole David Ramsey guy thing...I've only starting hearing about him lately but honestly...I don't know if I can live by all his rules (makeup, nail polish and jewelry rule my life...and shoes...and purses...and boots...meh...never mind :)

November 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home