<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Holiday Goodness.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Goodness.

Here's our tree and our mantel (I like to spell it that way, not the other way, mantle. I feel more sophisticated when I spell it mantel. Like I'm royalty.)


I didn't clean, or organize or beautify. Our tree is full of a million ornaments that we've gathered over time. They are all special. Each one. The stockings, however, nothing special. I made the white one last year for Gus. I probably should have taken some of our regular stuff down, but I didn't. Things change a lot around here. For example, we have no where to put anything. Stuff keeps selling and I haven't replaced it, which is a good thing, I suppose....

You would be shocked to see the difference from last year to this year in this room. Or the rest of the house...

This was the mantel last year:


And this year:

The stairs, last year:



And this year:


We've done our traditional cookie baking....no tears this year!


I made my first ever whoppie pies. I didn't use the traditional middle. Instead I used a cream cheese frosting concoction that is divine. I think they were a hit.  We also did some sugar cookies. And, my brand new hand mixer started burning and smelling and couldn't get through the sugar cookie dough. Boo-hoo.


Instead of watching over the boys this year and helping them out, I threw caution to the wind, let go of my controlling ways and let Tom oversee the cookie decorating. I took Gus to bed and read several books while they finished up. Things seem to have turned out quite well!
 

Ummm....very well, in Jack's case.


Now THAT is a cookie.


This week we're laying low, bundling up and getting ready to travel soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

So fun! Gotta love sugar cookies, gotta love sugar for that matter.

December 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Zerique said...

everything looks so warm and inviting!!! Love the looks of the stairs this year too! Great job!!

December 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger René said...

I'm so glad you showed the before & afters of your holiday decor. I love the changes you have made.

-Rene

December 19, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home