<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: DIY Yellow Chandelier

Friday, January 14, 2011

DIY Yellow Chandelier

People. Pe-ee--ple.

I'm giddy. I love when I get giddy over a project. LOVE.

The other day I mentioned painting my GW chandelier, that has been in almost every room of our house.

Because I am who I am, and have the patience of a gnat, I couldn't wait until our new fixture for this room came. And so, I moved the light to the dining room. AND painted it.

Yes, that's right. I moved it then painted it. If you've been reading for some time, I am infamous for painting fixtures while still attached. I turn off the electricity to that fixture, cover holes in the fixture, and plastic goes over everything. EVERYTHING. Floor included. Then, prime it, wait, spray it yellow. I used spray Kilz and Rustoleum Warm Yellow. It only took one can of each.

And, in about an hour - you have this:


Holy Bananas. I mean seriously. I love it. I am just so excited. It just adds such a fun little thing to our house. Most everything is white or gray, so this just brings in a bit of whimsy.


And of course, because I am who I am, I distressed it a little. I always get nervous doing it, but, I'm always glad that I do.




Dining Room is finished. Until I get to that trim. And change something again.


YEAH! Thanks for the push to get it done!

I haven't shared in awhile:

Go see what these talented painters can do!


Domestically Speaking


Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The yellow looks great! It pops perfectly.

January 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Totally fun and bold move! I like it!

January 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Wired Whimsy said...

LOVE - LOVE the yellow! Geniusness!!

January 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I knew it was going to look awesome!

January 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

holy bananas is right! looks awesome!

January 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Absolutely love it!!!!!!

January 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Never would have thought to do yellow but this looks great.

January 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Kolein said...

It is so beautiful Kirsty! I LOVE it more than I would have thought...it's wonderful in your dining room.

I don't feel so scared of yellow anymore. Thanks.

~Kolein

January 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I think it turned out great! I love that shade of yellow. Not too harsh at all. You have guts to spray while hanging. But I have to ask why you didn't do it while it was down?

January 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Annie Wilcox Designs said...

So very fun and exciting to see. I am a fan of yellow if you have checked out my blog lately with the new design. Just a little goes a long way, and you rocked it!

January 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I love it! I could never spray in place, I get spray paint on everything even with plastic. You are talented!

January 16, 2011 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger elizabeth embracing life said...

Such fantastic idea. I have a similar chandelier in my dining I have been looking up at and wanting to do something, now I know what to do.

January 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger junkgarden said...

That is scrumtrulescent! Love that yellow.
Angie

January 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Such a cute chandy!! You are better than me at spray paint. I am dangerous and it would have been everywhere!!! I'm always in a hurry!

Love the yellow color, too!

January 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Custom Comforts said...

Love your chandy! Gives me a great idea for doing the same thing - same color for my daughter. Just made her a new duvet and pillows in cream, gray and that yellow. Only one problem, I have to find one first to paint :)
Cindy

January 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home