<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: We finished the Chaise!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We finished the Chaise!

Who hasn't been eying this double chaise in PB?

Cute, right?! So, I HAD to make it. And it needed to be done by this weekend. It just had to be because we had a gazillion people coming and we NEEDED it.

Fortunately Ana at Knock Off Wood just made the plans for it! Hurray. We gathered our materials and in no time it was being built. No time, I tell you. I think all of the wood and screws cost us around $140.

This is the third thing we've made from her site. Some things have been modified, some things have needed to be changed, but for the most part everything is pretty straightforward and relatively easy if you have the right tools.

T cut the boards and I was supposed to stain them before we put them together, but unfortunately I didn't get to that and I had to stain it after it was put together. (I don't recommend this!)


So here's some progress:


We used our Kreg Jig to drill holes and hide the screws to put the frame together and to put the legs on. Love that thing!


There it is all put together!
Now. I was going to buy the PB double chaise cushion that was on sale, but, it is a tish too big for these plans, so I had to go and get some 2" foam from JoAnn's. Fortunately I used a coupon and got three 24 x 41 inch foam pieces for $63. Which is a fantastic price.

I spent a great deal of time stessing over how to make the cushion covers. Remember, I don't sew, but BFF walked me through it and I currently have one cushion done. I will show you the finished product later this week. I had some serious anxiety over this and I'm happy to say things turned out pretty well! I may even try my hand at something else!

Here's the chaise with the stain on it. Two coats of Cordovan Weathertight stain (the same stuff that's on our stairs).


I love it. LOVE IT. Every time we build something, we learn a little bit more about what we need to do differently and each piece seems to be getting better as we go.....oh, and we didn't argue once during building this! That's a feat in and of itself!


Stay tuned for the dramatic cushion reveal.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

You guys did a great job! Can't wait to see it with the cushions on it.

June 1, 2010 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Kirsty this is AMAZING!!! I so want to try out one of her plans soon...you are just as inspiring. Love the dark stain too.

June 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Tonia Hobbs said...

I love it!! I am so inspired! My backyard could use you for a few days!

June 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger The House Creative said...

Do you have sun at your house? If so I am coming over to lounge on this all weekend! :-) Great job! It looks fantastic.

June 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Mama Thompson said...

That is AWESOME...I really need one of those...and I am SO proud that you guys didn't argue...I'm waiting for the day when we can get through a project without the bickering....:)

June 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger ebeepaperie said...

Oh my gosh. That turned out fabulous!!! I love it!

June 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger ebeepaperie said...

Oh my gosh. That turned out fabulous!!! I love it!

June 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Rustique Gal said...

This is great Kirsty! I love your diy attitude. You just jump in there and DO it! and no arguing either, even better! Can't wait for the results...
Sherry

June 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home