<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Little white table.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little white table.

I've been working on this table for about three weeks now. Not kidding.

Here's how it started:


Nothing fancy. A pretty crappy paint job and a super ugly drawer pull. I knew it had potential.

Look, the sides flip up:


Super cute.

Then a big fat fail. The top was pretty bad, so I wanted to strip it, and I did, but I don't have a photo. It sat like that for a little while because I couldn't decide if I wanted to stain the top or paint it again. There were a few spots that didn't turn out too well on top, so I painted it. Once I painted the top, the base and legs looked crappy so I tried to strip the bottom. Umm...that sucked. (I know, we don't use that word in our house either, but it's true.)

I had to take a break for a few days and sob. I was one day away from throwing it in the trash.

Then I tried sanding the top and sanding all the legs again. That was better. Then I waited a few more days and sanded again. And sprayed a little again. Not bad.

That brings us to this week. I sanded and sanded and beat it up. And now. I love it. It's perfectly imperfect. Just like me.


Extra distressing and some clumps of paint in some spots make it look nice and old.


I tell ya. This was a pain. But, how cute is she?! It's a she. Come on, look at those legs.

Ignore the window. Pretend you didn't see that 9 pane window I scored for ten bucks. Just divert your eyes....pssstt....isn't it gorg?!

Table. New handle. Lots of tears. And time. Gorg.

Before:


After:


Sure doesn't look different. Oh, but it is. I promise you that.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

She does look better. Perkier I think! The new handle helped to :)

May 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

Love that drawer pull...and the distressing is perfect! Great job!

May 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home