<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Test Tube Flowers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Test Tube Flowers

A certain someone thinks this is a little on the nerdy side. I think it's a little nerdy AND a little clever....

I got these test tubes at GW the other day for $1.50. I don't know why I bought them, but I just figured I could use them for SOMETHING.


I know. Who grabs a thing of sixteen test tubes at GW? So, I went to the local Saturday morning farmer's market and got some flowers. Let me tell you....I asked for two dozen flowers. 1 dozen purple tulips and 1 dozen of these yellow and red ones. I know they have a particular name, I just don't know it. I grow wildflowers people. And the rabbits and deer eat all my tulips....give me a name break! Oh, point....I asked for the flowers and a 2 dollar bag of lettuce and I received 30 flowers and a bag of lettuce for all of $13. Yep. $13. Unbelievable.

So, here's what the unknown named tulips look like in the test tubes....




Cute, right? Clever, right? Totally nerdy, right? Now, go find a science teacher and talk him or her into giving you some test tubes so you can make your own nerdy flower vase.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I have never seen a test tube thingy before. Great find and wonderful arrangement. I wish tulips lasted longer. I heart tulips

May 25, 2010 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hey, we all have a little nerd in us! These are great!

May 25, 2010 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I would have bought them too! And used them just like you did. Very cool, in a scientific nerdy sort of way.

May 25, 2010 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Katie Olthoff said...

I love it!!! We were just labeling test tubes full of turkey blood the other night at our house, and hubby mentioned how he used to label thousands at work before he started farming. These would be so cute on his desk! (Not that he would think that, of course.)

May 25, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger ebeepaperie said...

Those look so good! You had such a great idea!

May 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Rustique Gal said...

Nerdy? NOT! I love them and would have scarfed them up too. Cute with tulips-try chive blossoms, pansies, marigolds...What fun!
Sherry

May 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home