<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Birdies

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birdies

So, it's no secret around these parts that I don't really ENJOY birds. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that, well, I watch Alfred Hitchcock when I was in junior high...and ever since....they kinda freak me out. And, you know, bird flu, they eat my grass seed and my flower seed....oh and nevermind the fact that I've been pooped on by a bird. Twice. Not the same bird. Once while rollerblading in high school. AND once while walking to class....in college....the first week...grody.

One of the things that T and I differ on is the love of birds. Obviously he loves 'em. I don't. But, I love him....soooooo, our yard is full of bird feeders.

And, I even went so far as to buy two more feeders just for him.

Then he mentioned that he really wanted a bird bath. Now, that was taking a hobby a little too far....A bath? Really? They are soooo expensive!

So, being the good wife, I thought. And thought. I had a tiny metal base to a side table sitting in the garage all winter waiting.....then the boys and I started looking for a bowl for the "bath" portion and after searching we came up with the bottom portion of a planter.

And here's what we had....



But that color wouldn't do. Because the Orioles really like orange. So we painted it, duh.

And here it is...at night...because I just couldn't wait to show you.

Of course, that's my flower bed right behind it where those crazy birds are eating all my seeds...even though they've got their own!

Back off birds! Hugs and kisses birdies.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

That is a good idea. I made one recently using all pots for Donna's Funky Junk pot idea party. I never thought to use a metal stand.

May 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Robyn's Gift said...

Of course you do realize that all the seeds that spill out will germinate and you will have fields of sunflowers, thistles, and coneflowers. So don't worry about planting anything in your garden. There will be plenty of flowers and food for the birds.

May 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Rustique Gal said...

Kirsty, the orange is so, well, GOOD!
I'm not an orange person, usually, but this looks great and will POP in your garden. Robyn's right about the seeds-I got lots of sunflowers that way!
Sherry

May 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home