<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: What happens when you're gone.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What happens when you're gone.

I wonder why Jack refuses to nap longer than 1 1/2 hours. Especially yesterday, when we're stuck inside due to 1) weather and 2)Tom took the van, along with the keys to the Subaru with him to work (by accident). So, not only is it -9 outside, I am also stuck inside trying to get a few projects done and Jack seems to think he only has to sleep for a mere 1 1/2 hours!

I painted the main floor bathroom yesterday. It was this very dark red wine color - nice color but it made the bathroom feel very small - so I painted it the same khaki color as the kitchen. When Porter woke up from his nap he said, "Me smell something. You painted. And he walked right into the bathroom and said, "This looks so nice mommy! Good job!" How cute.

Tom came home from work at 9:45 pm and said, "What did you do? Something smells." I am pretty sure he wouldn't notice anything different for a few days except that he does not like the smell of paint. When Tom works late for several days at a time or goes on a work trip he tends to come home to something that has been changed. Either a room as been painted, furniture moved around or there is something new in the house. You would think he would enjoy that since then he doesn't have to do it, but he always warns me before he leaves to not touch anything. I guess my nesting instinct is setting in already.


Funny Porter:
A few months ago we were at the pet store and Porter was looking at the kittens. I told him that we couldn't have one because I was allergic to cats. After a couple seconds he said, "When you dead I can have one." And so I said, "When I'm dead and gone, you can have whatever you want." Whenever he sees a cat now, he says, "When you dead mommy, I can have a kitty."

Today we were sitting on the couch watching their two morning shows and Jack was climbing all over us. Porter said, "You drivin' me crazy Jack."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home