<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: BIG NEWS. For me.

Monday, September 27, 2010

BIG NEWS. For me.

First, some housekeeping - Traci from Virginia that asked about the Mary Jane Confetti fabric, please email me (and include your email so I can email you back) I've got some fabric for you!

Thank you all for the compliments on the pumpkins and the stairs and my kids and my furniture! It means so much and I know I can't get emails out to each and every one of you, but just know that I appreciate it so much! And because of all of your encouragement and peer pressure (okay, not really) but the encouragement....I got up the courage to contact a store.

And that's the big news. White Butterfly Furniture is going to be in a STORE! That's right. Within the next few weeks local people will be able to purchase White Butterfly furniture and goods at a store called Harvest Home. It is a fantastic, amazing store with a fabulous owner (Hi Brenda!). Maybe she'll let me take some pictures and post them all over the world wide web. 

The idea is that I'll filter some pieces in throughout the next few months and then have a show with some big pieces such as the table.


And this buffet.



It's actually quite a funny story, if you are at all interested in the story behind how it came about.

I went into the store and asked the woman behind the counter where she got her furniture (which happened to be the owner), and I said I refurbished furniture and she said, "I KNOW! I KNOW YOU! I READ YOUR BLOG!" So, long story short, we both wanted my furniture in her shop and so it will be!

I'm so excited and I am so looking forward to doing some pieces for the store and expanding the client base. One of the many things I love about this store is that she keeps the prices reasonable. It is so important for me to keep the prices great so that people can afford it. And that is important to her too.

I will still be painting pieces for me to sell and I will still be posting things on the website. So don't worry. We're working together on stuff.

So there you have it. Fun stuff. Can't wait.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger molly susan strong said...

Congratulations. I know you will be a huge hit. Your spirit is right in those pieces you create. Lovely! I am about to open a second loccation and it is so rewarding. Have a ball.

September 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

You're famous! I love that story. I am so thrilled for you. I think you should also hook up with Cottage Posh. Miss you.

September 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

HOw great!!!!! I would LOVE to do this myself someday when I have space to really work on furniture. For now, I'll just do a piece now and then and stick it on craigslist. Although the last two pieces I did sold to folks on craigslist who actually read my blog :) Fun!

Congrats, and here's to making some cash doing what you love!

September 27, 2010 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh this is great news! I know you will be a huge success! You do such great work. I would love to have a shop some day.

September 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Britton said...

That's great news! Wish I lived closer so I could enjoy your beautiful pieces in person! You are so talented and I love your work and creativity!

September 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

That IS BIG NEWS! You so deserve this! Way to go!!!

September 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I am SO excited for you! Great news for a great woman!

September 27, 2010 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Kristy! Congrats girl! What exciting news and what a great story! I will be excited to see pics of the store. I would love to do something similar someday...I have yet to comment but I am one of your newest followers (within the past few months or so)

September 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

best of luck in your new venture! brenda is lucky to have you.

September 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Allison@FabRehab said...

YAY for you!! I have been following you for a few months and you have amazing stuff! Brenda is lucky to have you!
-Allison

September 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home