<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Painting with gray.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Painting with gray.

I heart the color gray. Or grey? Either way, I love the color.

I've done a few things in gray lately.

I did this piece for a client. That's right. A client. I'm cool now. (Hi Nancy and Tyler!)



Then when I picked up that big table the other day at Goodwill, I found this end table...

  
And a really ugly chair that I apparently forgot to photograph, but picture the following chair in gold with a red seat cushion.



It's hard to tell but, first I painted it orange. Then Krylon's pewter gray. I distressed it so that you can see the orange coming through then added a little ikea fabric with little orange dots on it. Hence the orange under the gray. 

I'm lovin' the chair!

Then this:


And now, I'll be able to get better pictures because I won't have carpet pad in them. Oh and the sub-floor. Seriously. 

Have I mentioned I love pewter gray? Are you tired of furniture transformations yet? 

Oh, and I have some exciting news. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow though...


Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The armoire is awesome and I love that table! Great job on all pieces!

September 23, 2010 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

one day i wil have a bigger home, and i will have an armoire just like that. sigh.
love it! you know i love gray, grey, gris, platinum, pewter, whatever you want to call it!

September 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

You can't leave me hanging like that! Is the news that you are moving back here????

September 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I can't believe how much better that table looks in grey! The detail comes out SO much more.

September 23, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger fresh_look_furniture said...

I have used Valspar Pewter Gray on 2 pieces so far - a dresser & a headboard/footboard combo... It's such a great color! Keep up the good work!

September 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

I love gray too! I just scored a gallon of ooops paint in a super pretty soft gray...can't wait to have a worthy piece to use it on! Question for you...where do you sell your pieces that you do? Craigslist? Or do you already have buyers lined up to buy something and you do it custom for them? Just curious... :)

September 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kacey said...

Love gray! That cabinet/armoire is gorgeous!

September 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

nope, keep the transformations coming! Loving that chair.

September 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home