<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Umm...really....

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Umm...really....

Look what I found at GW!

Sure would love to know how much they originally were! Anyone know how to search that? They aren't on the current Thomasville site. I would love to keep them this wonderful color but there is this:
 
And I've got this sunny vision. So, I'm going to paint them YELLOW and cover them in this:




And that's exactly what I did:




  

The color is Rustoleum Strawflower in Satin. The trim around the back is NAVY!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how they turned out.

AND, just wait until you see what I've done with this:


It's actually upside down here. It's got a crackle on it that I'm not crazy about, but I'm testing something with it:


Don't freak out. It's going to be awesome!

Metamorphosis Monday
Make it for Monday
Power of Paint
Transformation Thursday
Furniture Feature Friday


Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Really? You found more cute chairs? And at GW! And I suppose you paid what...I need to know, so I can be fully jealous! They look so cute. I do have this stuff I use on wood called Kramer's Best Antique Improver. Works wonders. Have you tried it?
Anita

March 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Magic Brush said...

My GW just seems so overpriced anymore that I rarely go in! Can't wait to see what the hutch turns out like!!!! I love me all things crackle!

March 9, 2010 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Ok... I go in GW regularly and there is never anything w/potential. Seriously, it is rows and rows of ellipticals! Great find & great work!

Leslie
http://oursoftspottoland.blogspot.com

March 9, 2010 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda Griffith said...

What an awesome Goodwill find! And I love the remake. You did a fabulous job!

March 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Katie Olthoff said...

Wow! They look so cute afterwards!

I'm excited to see what you do with that china cabinet.

And I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I love getting to know your family and seeing your creations! You inspire me!

March 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

Those chairs are freakin awesome! I love the punchy fabric. I am dying to see what you end up doing with the spackled piece.

March 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Ruby Red Slippers said...

A. Mazing.
Can't wait to see what you do with item number two there...

March 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

AMazing job!! You must have a huge house to fit all your fabulous refurbished finds! Very inspiring.

March 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Savannah McQueen said...

Amazing. Will you sell them or do you have room for them in your house?

March 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Great transformation! I love them! I enjoy perusing my GW store but I typically find good deals on clothing and accessories only. The prices for furniture are generally quite high.

There is a much larger one I've been meaning to go to, now you've inspired me to check it out.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the chairs? I love hearing about great deals!

March 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger The kids said...

I love them! Cant wait till I move into the next house, and I can go garage sale shopping and repurposing!

March 10, 2010 at 2:05 AM  
Blogger The Smiths said...

I WANT! Those chairs are perfect. Sell them to me? I am serious.... DUCK

March 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

THESE are my new favorites.

March 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Those chairs are so fun! Great job!

March 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Red Couch Recipes said...

Your chairs sure turned out so bright and cheery! Good Job! Joni

March 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home