<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Peanut Butter Cookies

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies



This is my very first recipe post. Of course it had to be about sweets. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on who you talk to, it's about cookies and not chocolate (those truffles aren't going to make themselves...gotta get on that.)

I have no clue where I got this recipe. Maybe my mother-in-law, maybe my mom, maybe off the Crisco jar...don't know. But what I do know is they are delish.

First and foremost you must have one of these:

This was one of those stocking stuffers from my MIL. I didn't know I needed it until I had it. I use it all the time. It rocks. Seriously. It makes cookie making fun. Tools. It's all about the tools.

Then get yourself one of these:

Child Labor. Comes cheap. All he wanted was a cookie as payment. Done and done.

You can get one of these too:

He is always using his "noculars" to look for bad guys that want to steal our cookies.


 Yep. They licked 'em.


I tested something out this time around. You know that silly little thing you are supposed to do with the fork and the sugar. Well, I didn't do it to some of the batches. I KNOW! I may go to baker's jail. BUT, guess what I found out?! It doesn't make the cookie taste any different if you don't do it! Seriously. It was hard for me to believe too. So I kept NOT doing it. And I like the look of them better. Plus, I don't have to dirty a fork. Who wants to clean another utensil?! Not me.

Here's the recipe. Finally. Enough chitter-chatter.

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I use Jif. I only ever use Jif. For everything.)
1/2 Cup Butter
1 egg
1 1/4 Cup Flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix sugars, peanut butter, butter and egg until smooth. Stir in remaining. Cover and refrigerate until firm (or until you just can't stand waiting any longer, which for me is about 5 minutes. They still turn out the same!)
Use your handy cookie ball utensil and scoop. Then flatten with fork dipped in sugar. Or don't flatten and just sprinkle some sugar on top....

Bake 9-10 minutes. at 375 degrees. (I found that 7min30sec is perfect in my oven.)
I tripled this recipe today. I filled this jar plus half of another the same size. I have no idea how many cookies there are. Please. I'm lucky I actually got them made!


By the way, I love these jars. Target. $5.49 each. They come in three sizes. The smaller they get, the cheaper they get. See this post to find out what I did to a bunch of them!

Enjoy your cookies!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm.....they look so good! My sister has one of those scooper thingies, but she uses hers for meatballs!!

December 22, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home