<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: When the cat's away...

Monday, December 21, 2009

When the cat's away...

When the hubs goes out of town he does two things right before he leaves. He gives me a kiss goodbye and then he tells me what projects I may NOT do. Booo.....he tells me this, not because he thinks I won't be able to do them, or that they shouldn't be done, but because HE wants in on the project. So, this trip he says, "Do not rip up the carpet and start to put new floor down, and do not start building the mantel."
This started after I put in the dimmer switch. By myself. Without his help. Bummer. I was totally going to do the mantel. Not the carpet though. Please. We have company coming in two days. I would never do a major project like that. Ever. No, really. I mean, besides painting the living room....which I did tonight. It just had to be done. Here's the thing though, if I do something when he is gone, he often expects something major and I tend to change little things...dimmer switch, painted ceiling fan, painted living room walls....he hardly even notices. If he notices at all. It's like losing weight. When you see someone every single day you don't really notice how much weight they are losing because the changes are over time. But, if you haven't seen that person in awhile, it is totally noticeable. Am I right?! So, instead of throwing big things at him when he's gone, I throw little things so he doesn't notice as much and can't say no... he just assumes it's always been there....men.

The boys nap for about three hours in the afternoon. Today after lunch my little buddy Jack says, "Mommy, I need a nap." And he proceeds to grab his "fwankie" (blankie) and doggie and go upstairs, lie down and go to sleep. Unbelievable. But, right now, it is 10:00 and he is still awake.


The boys thought this iguana riding a motorcycle was hysterical.

I actually got to spend some quiet time with Porter since Jack went to bed early. Which is always nice. He helped me put together a moss wreath. I'll post a picture tomorrow. He quite liked it and was very helpful. He constantly talks about doing projects and will grab paper and scissors and get to work cutting out car washes and snow, as in little bitty pieces of paper that are really fun to clean up. It's fun to see that.

Off to bed. What to surprise T with tomorrow....hmmm.....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I posted, nothing exciting like a painting the living room... That motorcycle is so funny, Will does the same stuff. We find penguins driving the ambulance, dinosaurs flying the plane and all kinds of other animals stuck in the branches of our Christmas tree.

December 22, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home