<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Tiny Gus

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tiny Gus

Gus has decided to be a horse jockey. For the last few weeks I've been measuring about 2-3 weeks behind where I am supposed to be. Have I mentioned this? So, now every few days I have to have an ultrasound to measure his growth plus be hooked up to a monitor to watch his movements for at least 30 minutes. Although it is pretty fun to see the little guy on the screen, (he has peach fuzz!) it is rather nerve racking to know that he is so tiny. The doctor wants to monitor us in case my placenta is no longer giving him the nutrients he needs to get bigger, and if she feels like that is the case, then I will be induced early. Fortunately I will be 37 weeks on Friday, so if he can hold on until then, then he will technically be full term and the doctor will be more comfortable inducing.

Although I am sick and tired of being preggo, I am not looking forward to being induced so I am hoping he hangs on as long as he can. I am going to go sans drugs again, and getting pitocin doesn't really help the situation....

Keep your fingers crossed he gains a couple ounces in the next two days. I'm off to eat some ice cream....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I'm sorry, that must be stressful:( Hang in there! P.S. I admire your bravery to go without drugs! I couldn't do it. You must feel invincible after giving birth with no drugs. I had to go for about 1 hour with no drugs and Pitocin, my exact words "I. think. I. might. die." and "Where's Dr. Asshole with my epidural?"

May 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home