<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Miniature buffet

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Miniature buffet

Ha! I don't know what else to call it. It looks like a buffet, but it has stubby legs. It could be a tv cabinet, but it's old...I just don't know...

I picked it up from a guy...he knew nothing about it. Just trying to get rid of stuff. It was a funky green color and he put contact paper on the top! Ohh...emmmm...gggg...not good.


I used my heat gun and just quickly heated it up to remove the contact paper. It was faster than getting out my razor blade and trying to get it off that way. It wasn't in the BEST shape, but it had potential!

Here's how it looks today. Crisp and clean white. There were lots of layers of paint on her, but I embraced them and worked with it. I love that it has so much character. The top is distressed and emphasizes where the veneer is peeling up and wearing away...and it makes it perfect.



I wasn't going to paint the inside, I rarely do, but I thought it just needed something. So, I grabbed a can of navy. I wanted to keep it dark, but add some drama. And boy did it! Check it out....


So cool.

Oh, this thing is so cool. I have about 4 emails that say, "if so and so doesn't want it and on down the line, then I do"...love when a piece has that much character!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home