<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Polka dot dresser.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Polka dot dresser.

Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking....


I wish you could see this better. I decided to strip this dresser because of the checkers and polkadots. I normally don't strip things...why? PAIN IN THE TUSH! But, I just wanted to see what was underneath. When I do strip pieces I use Citristrip. That's it. Nothing else. It smells like a giant orange and is safe to use indoors and out.

Here's what I found:


I started stripping and the first layer came off great - Under that was this fantastic light green and I just didn't want to go beyond that. So I didn't.


It took forever to get it clean. FOREVER. The best thing I used to get the residue was my fingernail and goo-gone. And a TON of sandpaper. My hands hurt. My fingernails hurt. My arms are tired. This took forever. But that's okay, because look at it!

It's all scrappy and mis-colored and I seriously love it. I mean. I HEART this dresser. It's too big for the spot that I wanted it in, so it may be going in the guest room. Or, it may be going to the store....I just don't know yet. But, I love it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger rudoo said...

Wow! That looksa like a gorgoeus piece. Wish I could find something like that!

October 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

Wow! That is gorgeousness. I hate to strip paint and finishes too....it's such a mess and tons of work. But it was definitely worth it on this piece. Love the knobs!

October 22, 2010 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

UGH...what were they thinking? I LOVE it now! I also hate, and I mean HATE, to strip paint. So much so I make my husband do it :-) ha. Good job on the dresser!

October 22, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That what was underneath?? When I strip stuff it comes out all splotchy and not nice like that! I love it now.

October 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Ok, so I really like polkadots !!! I have to say that in this case.....it's better without!

Carol The Polka Dot Closet

October 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Kolein said...

how did you evenly strip that? seriously whenever I've tried anything like that it's like hunks of stuff and tons of layers and all gummy...you must be tired.

Kinda reminds me of some of the pieces you paint to get that look. Love it!

October 23, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

It's perfect! You were so smart to stop where you did. It just looks fabulous!

October 23, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home