<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: TV Armoire turned fabulous.

Friday, March 26, 2010

TV Armoire turned fabulous.

I love this armoire. Not because it's rustic and cool and holds an ancient television. But because I got it at a steal.

Many years ago I got an email from a college friend that said a co-worker of hers was selling a bunch of stuff because they were moving out of the country. Score. I got this armoire for $75. It was fairly new and from Pier 1. It has been this way since we got it, nearly 6 years ago.

Tom hates it. He thinks it's an enormous monstrosity and it should go in the fire pit. I adore it for it's rustic cheap charm.

It holds our outdated, dangerous television that I'm pretty sure was a hand-me-down from my dad. I'm not sure we have ever purchased a family room tv before. Oh, except for the two small ones, one in our bedroom (Yep, we have one there. And I love it. Nothing like snuggling in bed watching movies. Back off.) and one in the kitchen. Love that one too. Back off.

We need a new television. But, neither Tom nor I are willing to spend money on it. So, we live....hopefully never to get electrocuted by the thing.

But, I wasn't lovin' the armoire as much any more. And since I'm on this white kick, I figured I might as well paint it and see what we think. If it's horrible, then we'll get rid of it. Just like Tom wants. I almost wished it wouldn't have turned out. Because now I will NEVER get rid of it. EVER! Do you hear me, hubby. This thing is staying. Whether we use it for the tv, or as a storage closet we will NEVER EVER get rid of it. I mean, look at it:



Well? I'm right, aren't I? Good decision?

I was going to go for blue, but I wasn't sure, so I did white. It's always a nice, safe choice. And I love.





I can't remember who asked, but I know someone asked about my font on my post date, heading and column headings.....and because I have no idea if I answered it to a no-reply, cause I'm a tool, I will tell you all that it is Pea Kadee from Kevin and Amanda's fonts. The link is over there on the far right. You can download all of their handwriting fonts. It's fabulous!

Yesterday was spent going through toys and stuff...maternity clothes.....cry, cry.....infant clothes...cry some more...toys we don't need anymore....cry, cry....cause we're having a rummage sale and getting our basement ready to be organized and cleaned.

I can't wait to get rid of stuff. It is such a wonderful feeling to have clean, organized areas. Now, if I could just get hubby home long enough to organized the garage....and finish that mantel :) !

Update: If you don't want to read about how I sold this the very next day, then don't read the next post!

Sharing is caring:

Make Your Monday
Make it For Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Power of Paint
Transformation Thursday

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think it turned out great. I have a tv in my bedroom and kitchen so I am with you on that one for sure.

March 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Ruby Red Slippers said...

LOVE it!

And I also love the TV in our bedroom...
I made my hubby watch the Real Housewives a while back-and now he's hooked with me!
I love curling up in bed watching it with him on Thursday nights...
So no grief from me about the bedroom tv...

March 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Happy Mom said...

Just gorgeous!

Your blog makes me happy!

March 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Looks great! Did you use just off the shelf white or some special white? Is a tv in the bedroom bad? I have a tv and a computer in our bedroom. What does that say about us? Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't answer that.

March 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

yeah, you can't get rid of it now. its BEAUTIFUL!:)

March 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

We also have a tv in our bedroom. There isn't one in our kitchen but only b/c I can't figure out a good spot for it. My kids, however, do not have a tv. The boys have one, but there is no cable. It's simply for movies. A fact my daughter reminds me of every day. She wants to know when her daddy is going to buy her apurple tinkerbell tv for her room. ha!

Love the armoire, btw.

March 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Fabulous redo! I agree - it's definitely a keeper now!!

March 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

That turned out great! Love it. Curious if you could do some more painting furniture tips/tuts for those of us challenged in getting a nice finish there ? Your stuff always looks so mice! Mine, not so much.

March 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

That is definitely a keeper! I really like the nice crisp white.

March 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Ana @ Don't Fear the Ripper said...

Thank you for this post. I have a monstrosity like that too (I think it's even bigger than yours), and you have inspired me to paint it and give it a new look. Hopefully I'll like it more that way. I'm thinking of decoupaging some fabric on the door's main panel, thus making it more cheerful. :)

March 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Knoess said...

Great decision! I love it!

March 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

Lynne - I would be happy to do a little tutorial. What a great idea!

March 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

I love it as white!! It has a sweet spring freshness to it!

March 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

Ok seriously...You majorly Rock! This turned out SO pretty!!! How satisfying is it to have something that you've been looking at for so long FINALLY be pretty and "fit" with your house? Love it...great job lady!

March 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Kolein said...

speechless. you are amazing. hey did you ever answer me in the no-reply....do you have live-ins or something?...how do you get this stuff done....please tell!!!

March 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

You guys are all so sweet! I'm glad it makes you happy, inspires you to do your own and makes you totally envy my ability to never sleep and keep a dirty house....

That's how I do it Kolein, we have dust bunny's. And sometimes I don't vacuum. But, we have a tidy house and most of the time the kids have clean underwear on.

I just do the things that I love, like playing Nerf Shootie guns with my boys, while selling furniture on-line.

Plus they love to play alone together without me. They quite happily will tell me they don't want me to play with them right now.

I can't play with them every second of the day and they shouldn't want me to! How annoying would it be for them to constantly be lining up their cars by color and size! Although I have noticed them do it on their own at times!

Nap time. Time to get some stuff done!

March 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger ninniemuggins said...

The armoire looks awesome. But I think we also need a photo of your 'dangerous' television for reference! :)

March 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! so very pretty! I'm dropping by from Cottage Instincts. I hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

March 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Kacey said...

Such a transformation! I love it.

(Found you via Between Naps on the Porch...)

Kacey

March 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I love your armoire, I have one that's many years old and suffered damage from my 3 boys years ago but I painted it white and now love it! But I'm thinking you might have sold this? I'll have to check the rest of your blog to see if that's what you meant! We too have a t.v. in our bedroom and I love it:)

March 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

TV in the bedroom lover here too! You sold it?? Oh my... how could you part with such a beauty? :-) You did a fab job once again. I've got a GIANT computer armoire in our family room that is maple & is SCREAMING = PAINT ME!!! I just need to get off my butt and do it. Thanks for sharing again at the POPP.

April 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Gorgeous! :)

April 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home