<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Oh what a day.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh what a day.

I'm physically exhausted. Exhausted. Last night started out fine. News of a snow storm, predicted 10-12 inches. Great. Tom had to go to Chicago for work for the day. Great. He started snow blowing at 10 pm and ended up shoveling because the snow blower broke. After he came in from outside he got ready for his day trip to Chicago. As we were saying goodnight to each other, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, nighty-night, we hear Jack. He has to go potty. Get up and help him go. He coughs a little. He gets in bed, I get in bed. I hear him cough again. Then wail. I knew in that instant that he had thrown up. Race down the hall. Catch a puke in my hands. (I don't know why I do that. It's already all over the bed and him, I shouldn't be sacrificing my hands for that!) Tom takes Jack to clean him up, I run his bedding to the washing machine. He then tries to sleep with us, but is all over the place. It's 12:30 now. Porter is awake because of the commotion and won't go back to sleep. Jack is lying on the floor next to me, after a fight about where to sleep, and I hear him cough. I throw the bowl under him and he pukes a couple more times. Fantastic. He finally falls asleep. Tom woke up a mere four hours later and left for Chicago. Gus' meds kicked in and he slept until 5:30, when he woke up talking and giggling. Porter awoke at 6:30. Jack is fine, ate breakfast.

Then. We had to go outside and shovel. And shovel we did. The boys played and I shoveled. Then the neighbor came over and finished with the snow blower (Thank God!). Then I had to shovel all over again when the snow plow dumped our entire block's street snow in our driveway. I am not joking when I tell you this. I nearly had to bring out the wheelbarrow to transport the snow because I had no where to put it. I hate snow plows.

I finally got to shower today, after a brief hiatus. The boys screamed the entire time. But, I'm clean. It's 6 pm. They are fighting and now they are going to bed. Their bedtime isn't until 7, you say. Don't care, I say. They have no concept of time.

Thank heavens today is over.

Before I went out to shovel for the second time I fixed a few pillows. The backs were open and I could see the ugly pillow underneath and it bugged. Then I did this:


It's just left over scraps and I made a sleeve for this pillow. Love it. I can write more about it another time. Now. Bed.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I hope you had a nice big glass of wine!

December 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home