<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Apothecary Jar

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Apothecary Jar

The Shanty Girls make these great apothecary jars and I just had to make some!

Here's my version. I had THE HARDEST TIME finding the plaques for the bottom, so Lou had to get those for me in Fargo and she'll bring them at Thanksgiving. I also could not find the jars that I wanted to use. Of course, I remember having some a few years ago, and giving them to Goodwill. Bummer. So I used these square ones I have in our bathroom. Lou is also bringing me some new jars. Can't wait. I love these.


 
 

I painted them Heirloom white and think it looks great. I also used Ralph Lauren Smoke glaze on them. Notice I didn't even take the stuff out of the jars!



I used Gorilla Epoxy to glue the candle holder to the jar. I also folded the metal candle cup into the holder so that the top was flat. Worked like a charm. The Mapmaker book makes a great heavy object...
Then I used the glue gun to glue the jute around the top of the jar. Love that glue gun.

(That's my Thanksgiving centerpiece on the counter!)

Here they are in the bathroom:


 
Cool! Can't wait to make more!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Great new stuff, I love the beadboard on the cabinets, I also love the shanty girls, getting tons of ideas from them. Just need more time. Damn kids.

November 18, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home