<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitebutterflyfurniture.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos: Mom Ramblings #3

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mom Ramblings #3

One. Why is it that as we get older it takes longer to get better? I still feel nauseated and Porter is up dancing around being silly already. Like he wasn't even sick. And TOM! He didn't get out of bed ALL DAY. He didn't go to work. And he works. A lot.

Two. I wish that we were independently wealthy. You know, so we could just do whatever we wanted all day long...shop, play, volunteer, do projects, you know, random stuff, all day long.

Three. Tomorrow we go to Porter's new school that he will start in the fall. It's a 4K pilot program in our town. I'm freaking out. FREAKING OUT! It's every. single. morning. And Jack is going to go three days a week to the "church" school (That's what P calls it.). Again. FREAKING OUT! My babies...are growing up. In fact, just tonight after the boys took baths I looked at Jack's fingers and realized they were no longer baby fingers. They are kid fingers. Not pudgy anymore. I cried.

Four. Tom turned two Ikea beds into bunk beds and they turned out great. He even made a ladder. Porter wants to decorate it with sprinkles....we'll see about the sprinkles. I'll post a picture soon.

Five. Gus hasn't really had much to eat the last few days, and he was squaking a little so I gave him a cracker. All of a sudden he let out this big, "Ahhhhhh." And smiled. It was like that's what he had been waiting for forever. I'm currently waiting for my "Ahhhhh....".

Six. So far I've pulled out 8 million staples from the steps. Only 9 million to go.

Seven. I love that kisses fix owies.

Eight. We're supposed to get a foot of snow. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. I'm so sick of winter I could puke. Except that I already did that for two days...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Oh man I'm so sorry about all the sickness. I hate having sick kids more than anything...actually i think I hate being sick at the same time as them more than anything! I'm nervous for that day that my son Liam goes off to pre-school or kindergarten. I'm gonna bawl!

February 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Low Tide High Style said...

Aww, hang in there with both the staples and the growing children! My "baby" is heading off to college next fall and came in today to announce that he just got his first acceptance to one of the schools he has applied to! UGH, why did I have to push them and make them appreciate education, why didn't I just make them stupid so they could live with me forever?! ;-)

Kat :)

February 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

It's good to get this all out and the open, ya' know? Good for the soul...cleansing even. Maybe that will rid you of this nasty little (BIG) bug that's currently using your body for a hostess. ;( Hope you feel better soon and look forward to seeing how those stairs turn out!

Oh and btw, we're going to an informational meeting for pre-school for my "baby" tomorrow.

February 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Rustique Gal said...

Kirsty, there must be something in the air! I've felt poopy and my attitude is sucking the mop to quote my brother Jim. Visit my blog for a nice piece on attitude (Not by me!) But seriously, Spring will be coming pretty soon...I'm pretty sure. Keep cozy, Sherry

February 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

Kat- Seriously. If only I didn't teach them the alphabet. I'm stopping all the singing and reading and pretend homeschooling right now! Ha! I bet your kids are brilliant!

Sabby- Our school meeting got cancelled due to the storm. I get to put off the tears for two more weeks! Thanks for the support!

February 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home